Five Romantic Places in Tulsa

Posted by Tasha on August 14th, 2008 in Uncategorized

I just took an office poll, and here, in no order, are five romantic destinations in Tulsa:

1. Utica Square, especially during the holidays. It feels so ritzy and glittery and full of love.
2. The Palace Cafe. The atmosphere will make lovey-dovey pudding of your brains.
3. The Melting Pot, with its lover’s lane. I have no idea what this means, but my boss suggested it, so I’m putting it.
4. Ambassador Hotel. I don’t know much about this place, cough cough, because I’ve never been there, hint hint, but I would really like to sometime, ahem ahem (Aaron, if you miss this clue, I’m feeding you rice and beans for a month).
5. Woodward Park and Tulsa Rose Garden, especially with a sturdy blanket and a nice bottle of wine. I think. Is that legal?

I’d like to know your go-to list of romantic places in Tulsa, especially if it’s a little-known spot. So, shoot.

Tagged:

You might also like:

7 Comments to Five Romantic Places in Tulsa

1. Dan Paden

On August 14, 2008 at 11:01 am

I don’t do romantic very well. I just try to take Mrs. Paden to wherever the BBQ smells good and call that romantic.

2. Jeff Shaw

On August 14, 2008 at 1:38 pm

If you are of the mindset that you don’t have to spend money to be romantic, go wander around with your best girl (or boy) in the gardens at Gilcrease Museum. Much better than Woodward Park IMO.

3. Amanda

On August 15, 2008 at 4:22 am

I don’t know about romantic but there’s this nice little nook at the Indian Springs Elementary School baseball field that isn’t frequented at night by most people….

4. hwall

On August 15, 2008 at 3:30 pm

As far as restaurants go, I would say Mary’s or Tucci’s beat out Melting Pot. The Planetarium is another: dark, the stars overhead…

5. Clint

On August 19, 2008 at 5:47 am

I’m not fond of the Melting Pot for a romantic evening unless you opt for dessert only.

Then again, some people may enjoy spending steak house cash for the opportunity to boil their own meat.

6. Emma

On August 21, 2008 at 12:29 am

Ti Amo’s. Romantic atmosphere, fab food, AND the opportunity to feel like an extra in a gangster movie if you opt for the booth.

7. Anonymous

On August 23, 2008 at 3:30 pm

The Garlic Rose! If you’re there late on a Saturday evening, you can enjoy wonderful food and the soothing sounds of Jeanne Tripplehorn’s dad on piano (I forgot his name).

Phil