Posted by Tasha on June 26th, 2012 in Culture, Festivals, Free Stuff to Do, Kids and Families
Lawn chairs. Coolers full of cold beer and Coca-Cola. Fireflies. And, of course, lots and lots of fireworks.
I’m talking about the Fourth of July, and surprise! It’s right around the corner.
The 4th of July falls in the middle of the week this year, which works out great, actually: It creates a situation where we have not just one, but two weekends of Independence Day celebrations, plus an entire week’s worth in between.
As always, we at Do What have compiled a list of the holiday events and activities going on in and around Tulsa. To get the complete list of Fourth of July things to do, follow this tag on DoWhatTulsa.com.
You can also use these lists to help you plan:
Fourth of July in Tulsa, by City
- Bartlesville: Freedom Fest 2012
- Broken Arrow: Rockets Over Rhema
- Claremore: Claremore Fireworks Display
- Grand Lake: Grand Lake Fireworks
- Jenks: Fish and Fireworks
- Jenks: Jenks American Freedom Fest
- Jenks: Sooner Boomerfest 2012
- Owasso: Red, White & Boom
- Nowata: Wild Turkey Fest Independence Day Celebration
- Sand Springs: Sertoma Club Fireworks Display
- Sapulpa: American Celebrates America
- Tulsa: ONEOK FreedomFest
- Wagoner: Independence Day at The Canebrake
Fourth of July in Tulsa, by Date
- Claremore Fireworks Display (Claremore)
- Red, WHite & Boom (Owasso)
- Sertoma Club Fireworks Display (Sand Springs)
- ONEOK Freedomfest (Tulsa)
- Freedom Fest 2012 (Bartlesville)
- Fish and Fireworks (Jenks)
- Jenks American Freedom Fest (Jenks)
- Sooner Boomerfest 2012 (Jenks)
- Nowata Wild Turkey Fest and Fourth of July Celebration (Nowata)
- American Celebrates America (Sapulpa)
- Independence Day at The Canebrake (Wagoner)
About the photo: Tulsa Electric Bottling Works wagon decorated for a Fourth of July parade, circa 1909. The wagon is in front of the Indian Republican Publishing Company at West 1st Street. Via Beryl Ford Collection/Rotary Club of Tulsa, Tulsa City-County Library and Tulsa Historical Society.